Our Legal Fees & Services
At GMH Legal we believe that client relationships matter more than time sheets which is why we offer a range of alternative fee arrangements to best suit your needs. Our focus is on client service and establishing mutually rewarding relationships with our clients. We think that billing by the hour does not ...
Homebuyer’s Guide to Conveyancing
Buying your first home can be a confusing process, particularly when it comes to conveyancing. Taking your first step on to the property ladder can be an exciting time. But for those who have never been involved in a property purchase, the conveyancing process can often seem hard to understand. What i...
Assault is one of the most common charges in Australia. A conviction can result in severe punitive sanctions such as fines, good behaviour bonds, community service orders, weekend detention and long term imprisonment.
Assault occurs when a person intentionally or recklessly engages in an act of physical violence against another person, such as punching, pushing or using an object against someone as a weapon. For legal purposes, assault can also include overt acts that cause a person to fear, in their own minds, that someone is about to commit a violent act against them, even if no actual force is used.
There are various levels assault, including common assault, assault occasioning actual bodily harm, assault causing grievous bodily harm, and assault causing wounding. As you would imagine, the punitive consequences of these various levels of assault increase as the severity of the violent act increases.
It is vitally important that you realize that when it comes to these sorts of charges, a comprehensive and meticulous preparation of your defence by an experienced criminal lawyer is not a luxury, it is an imperative. A solid defence can vastly increase the prospects of successfully defending an assault charge and result in a striking improvement in the outcome of a criminal trial.
Our criminal lawyers have a wealth of experience in the highest courts in Australia, whilst also remaining active in the Local and District Courts. It may be possible for us to have your charge reduced or even withdrawn before it reaches the courts. Failing this, we will research and prepare a defence that ensures you receive the best possible outcome in the given circumstances. In addition to vigorously and skilfully representing you in court:
* We can attend the police station as your legal representative to forcefully assert your legal rights and ensure that the authorities do not ask you leading or otherwise inappropriate questions that may compromise your position
* We will form a continuing collaborative relationship with you leading up to your court appearance, continually remaining responsive to your ongoing questions and concerns
* We will help you understand the procedures of the criminal justice system and inform you of all your legal rights and arguable defences in plain English
* We will attempt to negotiate a satisfactory outcome before your court date with Police and Crown prosecutors
Crown prosecutors are experts in their field. They are well resourced and supported by an abundance of government funding. It is thus essential that you retain the services of a skilled and experienced criminal lawyer. When you go with GMH Legal, you can rest assured that your case will receive the sort of personal attention it deserves. Our expert team of criminal lawyers have the knowledge, skill and courtroom experience you need to effectively fight a charge of assault.
Call the experienced team at GMH Legal to assist you in your matter.
A free consultation with GMH Legal is an opportunity to gain deep insights into your legal situation and all of your options.
Why Choose GMH Legal?
- Over 60 years of combined legal experience
- Outstanding track record with a winning approach
- First appointment is always free
- Meet our team now.